Registration is closed! Please, sign-up for the Cal-IPGCA Association to join the innovation movement!
California Innovation Playbook for Government Change Agents, Cal-IPGCA, is structured as a 360º applied training environment. Trainees toggle between monthly classroom training and applied experiential learning within their work environment. Integrating and synergizing participation across all levels of government – from entry level to senior executives, innovation teams come together to develop specifically targeted moonshot projects to meet key enterprise-wide challenges identified by the State of California agency leaders.
Cal-IPGCA Executive Sponsors: Government Operations Agency, Department of General Services, Franchise Tax Board, ORA Systems, Inc., and the Asian Pacific State Employees Association
Who should attend?
Cal-IPGCA is designed for Government Employees and Technology-based Academia, Private Enterprise, and NGOs representing:
- Line staff who are rising stars with management potential;
- First line supervisors;
- Middle managers, executives, and executive leadership; and
- Technology-based academia, data analysts, coders and app developers.
- Meets the State of California’s biennial leadership training requirements. (GC 19995.4.)
- Full-time: 62 PDHs ($2850)
- Part-time: 38 PDHs ($ 495)
How to apply:
- Review the program brochure before applying. The responses in the application determine the innovation team trainees are assigned to in Cohort 2019.
- A maximum of 72 Full-time trainees will be admitted and up to 35 Part-Time. (19 Departments participated in 2018)
- Some departments require Senior Management Approval. Other departments the approval of the employee supervisor.
- Trainees will not be admitted without supervisor approval. This approval is a component of the application.
- Complete the application and submit.
- Applicants will be reviewed and approved within two weeks of submission with registration continuing until registration is full.
- Registration will close June