Deadline: August 15th of each year
About the Program
Apply today to receive a scholarship of $800
The General Board of Higher Education, Division of Ordained Ministry (GBHEM) has partnered with Coaching4Clergy, operated by Rev. Dr. J. Val Hastings, MCC, in offering a leadership program centered on the development of coaching skills for effective congregational and clergy leadership. The program will consist of clergy (i.e., Elders, Deacons, Licensed Local Pastors, Chaplains, Bishops, and Retired Clergy) with more than five years of full time ministerial experience. Participants selected for this program will be prepared to meet the standards for the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) credential conferred by the International Coach Federation (ICF). These requirements include:
- 60 hours of coach specific training through online classes (including 7 hours of a group practice lab)
- 100 hours of client coaching experience
- 10 hours of work with a Mentor Coach (7 hours of group mentoring coaching and 3 hours of individual mentor coaching)
It is the expectation of GBHEM that once trained and credentialed, recipients of the GBHEM Tuition Grant will serve the church in the role of credentialed coaches.
Program Costs: The total cost of the program is $2500. If selected...
- You will receive a tuition scholarship of $800 from the Clergy Lifelong Learning office at GBHEM.
- Participants will be responsible to pay the remaining tuition cost of $1,700, which can be made in lump sum or installments to Coaching4Clergy.
- A Website link will be provided for registration and payment processing.
Schedule: Normally held from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm, every Tuesday and Thursday, from early-January to mid-March.
Please click "Next" to begin your application...