This questionnaire is part of a statewide study of middle school, junior high, and high school students conducted every two years. The questions ask your opinions about a number of things concerning your community, your neighborhood, your school, your family, your friends, and you. In a sense, many of your answers on this questionnaire will count as “votes” on a wide range of important issues.
If this study is to be helpful, it is important that you answer each question as thoughtfully and frankly as possible.
•All your answers are anonymous and confidential. They will never be seen by anyone at your school or by anyone who knows you.
•Your name will not be on the questionnaire.
•This study is completely voluntary. If there is any question that you do not wish to answer for any reason, just leave it blank.
•If you should have any questions or concerns after taking this survey, please talk with your school counselor or a trusted adult.
Other students have said that these questionnaires are very interesting and that they enjoy filling them out. We hope you will too. Be sure to read the instructions below before you begin to answer.
Thank you very much for being an important part of this project.
1. This is not a test, so there are no right or wrong answers.
2. Each question should be answered by marking only one of the answer spaces. If you don't find an answer that fits exactly, use the one that comes closest. If any question does not apply to you, or you are not sure of what it means, leave it blank.
3. Some of the questions have the following format: NO! no yes YES!
In the example below, the student marked "yes" because he or she thinks the statement is mostly true.
- Mark (the Big) NO! if you think the statement is DEFINITELY NOT TRUE for you
- Mark (the little) no if you think the statement is MOSTLY NOT TRUE for you
- Mark (the little) yes if you think the statement is MOSTLY TRUE for you
- Mark (the Big) YES! if you think the statement is DEFINITELY TRUE for you
Example: Pepperoni pizza is one of my favorite foods.