The CREATE Strategic Plan for Arts, Culture, and Recreation will catalyze creative assets to improve quality of life, drive our creative economy, and stimulate investment in our community.
CREATE is a blueprint for:
1. Strengthening Lafayette's cultural identity;
2. Catalyzing new and existing creative assets;
3. Driving strategic investment in new cultural infrastructure and revitalization efforts through matches and measurable outcomes; and
4. Attracting more regional, national, and international workers, visitors, and businesses to Lafayette.
With a transparent, actionable strategic plan based on community input, CREATE will strengthen Lafayette's creative and cultural industries, continuously tracking performance indicators to inform ongoing investment and ensure the sustainability of the sector.
Five goals, and their related initiatives, have been identified via public consultation. This survey will help prioritize initiatives under each goal, and provide valuable recommendations on implementable action steps to accomplish them.
1. Provide high-quality cultural and recreational experiences for residents and visitors.
2. Develop state-of-the-art creative infrastructure to support the public realm and drive culture and parks participation.
3. Educate and inspire the next generation of creative thinkers to build our workforce and retain talent.
4. Promote and strengthen Lafayette’s creative assets at home and for visitors.
5. Ensure robust support systems are in place to drive sector growth, capture return on investment and ensure sustainability.