The University of New South Wales (UNSW) acknowledges and respects the privacy of individuals, and is bound by the Information Protection Principles prescribed by the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (NSW) [the Act].
The information you provide in this application is 'personal information' for the purpose of the Act. It is collected and held by UNSW in order to process your application, admission and enrolment; to send you information regarding UNSW or third party courses or other university matters determined to be of potential interest to you; for administrative and statistical purposes; and (if this application isn’t accepted) to process your application in relation to other courses offered by UNSW or related parties that may be of interest of you. We may disclose your information to others inside and outside NSW, including our related entities such as UNSW Global Pty Ltd, for the same purposes, and you consent to such bodies (including UNSW Global) acting upon your information and communicating with you regarding such courses, up to and including making offers in relation to those courses.
You have the right of access to, and alteration of, the information concerning yourself in accordance with the Act and UNSW Privacy Management Plan. UNSW will not disclose your personal information without your consent and without due cause, except as authorised by law. You have the right to refuse this consent, but if the consent is not given your application may not be processed. By submitting your application you accept these conditions.
I declare that:
1. the information declared on this form is complete and correct;
2. I authorise the University to obtain information from any educational institution previously or currently attended by me;
3. If any information supplied by me is considered to be untrue, incomplete or misleading in any respect, I understand the University may take such action as it believes necessary including the disclosure of the information to any person or body the University considers has a legitimate interest in receiving it and I consent to such disclosure;
4. I understand the University reserves the right to vary or reverse any decision made on the basis of untrue, incomplete or misleading information;
5. I have made this application having had access to sufficient information regarding UNSW programs, courses, fees, costs, facilities and services;
6. I understand the University reserves the right to make alterations to any matter offered in this publication without notice and that this agreement does not remove my right to take further action under the Australian consumer protection laws;
7. I understand that UNSW Canberra at the Australian Defence Force Academy is located on an Australian Defence Force base; and that the campus is subject to rules, regulations and procedures that are determined by the Commonwealth of Australia, represented by the Department of Defence or its agents; and
8. if I have previously been a member of the Australian Defence Force, as asked in question 9, I understand that the University may disclose your information with the Commonwealth of Australia represented by the Department of Defence or its agents.