The City Planning Commission, on behalf of the City of Philadelphia, is hosting this virtual open house to share basic information about six proposals for a Philadelphia casino, and collect public feedback.
In July 2012, the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board (“Gaming Board”) announced the opening of an application period for a Category 2 Slot Machine License and Table Games Certificate in the City of Philadelphia. The Category 2 license enables a casino operator to have up to 5,000 slot machines and 250 table games. The Gaming Board received six applications for the license in November 2012.
- Tower Entertainment, LLC (The Provence) at 400 North Broad Street
- Market East Associates (Market8) at 8th and Market Street
- Wynn PA, Inc. (Wynn Philadelphia) at 2001 Beach Street, and 2001 through 2005 Richmond Street
- PHL Local Gaming, LLC (Casino Revolution) at 3333 South Front Street
- PA Gaming Ventures, LLC (Hollywood Casino Philadelphia) at 700 Packer Avenue
- Stadium Casino, LLC (Live! Hotel and Casino) at 900 Packer Avenue
The Gaming Board makes the final decision concerning Casino licenses. The City will review each proposal to understand their potential impacts. The City will share findings from this review with the Gaming Board so that it can be considered during final decision-making.